Monday, June 24, 2013

Book Convention

TheInternational Christian Retail Show kicked off Sunday evening with a worship service led by Laura Story, Stephen Curtis Chapman and Max Lucado. Next there was a music showcase with a lot of new Christian musicians, but it didn't really get started until almost 10:00 so we only stayed for a little of it. It was hosted by Matthew West. Republican Rick Santorum spoke and so did Danny Goke from American Idol season 8.


Getting ready to register.




Monday morning kicked off with a  20th birthday celebration for Veggie Tales. 




Cake at 8:30 a.m.



Jasmine filling a bag for the homeless in St Louis.

Jasmine with the author of The Shack. He is one of the friendliness authors I've met (although I'm not actually a Shack fan). He signed book 2 today, and I have a friend who really wanted it.

You never know who you'll see at ICRS.


With Tosca Lee

Randy Singer

With Karen Kingsbury's daughter and SIL.

With Karen Kingsbury.

Singing her a song.

Getting a caricature done. A father and son team were both drawing them.



We volunteered Torry for it too. Who better for a caricature?

With Kathi Macias

It's a cutout advertising an upcoming book.

Randy Alcorn

Two long term Christian fiction writers-Lauraine Snelling and Lori Copeland.


We got books from a lot of other authors but didn't take pictures of all of them. 

We're back on the floor again early tomorrow. 


Who's your favorite Christian author? 

4 comments:

One Crowded House said...

I don't think I have a favorite author... I just LOVE BOOKS and reading :)

I can't believe Veggie Tales are 20 years old... wowza!

Kathy Cassel said...

I have favorite authors to read but I also have authors I've met and really like but don't read the kind of books they write. I don't read historical, Amish or straight romance. But I know some really nice people that write them. I do enjoy suspense and some women's fiction or contemporary fiction.

:)De said...

My parents were missionaries when I was a kid and one of our sponsors was Margret LaHaye, mother of Tim LaHaye. I met him several times when I was about 10 years old and he was so very nice. When he wrote the LEFT BEHIND series I was so excited to say that I knew him as a kid.

I like a lot of different authors, lately I have read a few of Sandra Bricker's books. Cute and humorous with great characters.

Kathy Cassel said...

I've read the Left Behind series and have met Jerry Jenkins but I don't remember ever meeting the Lahayes. But I know they are good people.