Jasmine made Velveeta Cheesy Skillets Chicken and Broccoli. It was really good. It came in a two pack with what Kayla made.
|Kayla did like the cheeseburger mac and had two or three helpings.|
|Jessica made crockpot beef and broccoli from a recipe someone shared on facebook.|
Crockpot Beef and Broccoli
1 pound boneless beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips
1 cup beef consumme
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons cooled sauce from the crock pot after being cooked
Fresh broccoli florets (as many as desired)
Hot cooked rice
1. Place beef in a crock pot.
2. In a small bowl, combine consomme, soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, and garlic. Pour over beef. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
3. In a cup, stir cornstarch and sauce form the crock pot until smooth. Add to crock pot. Stir well to combine. (If your sauce is not thickening, try bringing your sauce to a boil on the stovetop with the corn starch mixture. Boil until your desired consistency is reached).
4. Add broccoli to the crock pot. Stir to combine.
5. Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes on high (the sauce has to boil for it to thicken).
6. Serve over hot cooked rice.
|Tyler made one of his favorite to make--Mexican pancakes. Yep, these first ones got a little too brown.|
Ty's Mexican Pancake Roll Ups
16 four-inch sausage links
1 ½ cup salsa
1 ½ cup Bisquick mix
½ cup yellow cornmeal
1 ¼ cup milk
1 tsp chili powder
8 oz can whole kernel corn drained
Heat up sausages and keep warm.
Heat up salsa and keep warm.
Heat griddle or skillet. Spray or grease. Mix all ingredients except salsa and sausages. Stir until blended. Pour batter by 1/4c onto hot griddle.
Cook until edges are brown. Flip & cook until golden brown.
Roll pancake around sausage link. Serve with salsa.
|Everyone working together made a simple fudge recipe. It was very sugary and rich, and they loved it!|
1 2/3 cups white sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (6 ounce) packages milk chocolate chips
16 large marshmallows
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup chopped nuts (we left these out)
1.Combine sugar, milk, butter and salt in a medium sized saucepan. Bring to a boil, cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
2.Add in chocolate chips; cook until melted.
3.Remove from heat; stir in marshmallows, vanilla and nuts. Mix well.
4.Pour into a 8-inch pan.
Cool cut into squares.
We made several other snack type recipes we saw on facebook. Posting recipes seems to be the thing to do now online. Some work out. Some don't.