Thursday, May 30, 2013

He Made It

One hour before graduation.

Almost ready
Waiting to walk in

Procession in. It got too dark to take pictures by time he went up for his diploma. I think I have it on video, but it's not ready to post yet.


At home before Project Graduation. Project Graduation is an attempt to keep seniors from doing something crazy on grad night. They have to be at the gym by 11:00 to take part in all-night activities. The doors are locked at 11:00 p.m., and no one leaves until 4:30 a.m.













There were some difficult years, but he made it. He's really made an effort to turn things around the last 2-3 years. I wish we could go back and do a few of the earlier years over. Not that I'd do any better, though.  It looks different from this end than when we were in the middle of it. He has great things ahead of him.

We've had several graduations in a row-- Tyler 2009, Jessica 2010, Jeff 2011, Adam 2013. Jessica should graduate college next spring. But the next high school graduation won't be until 2019 when Jasmine graduates and then 2023 when the twins graduate.

One week until we sail. Please pray everyone stays healthy and injury free. Cars included. Mine is getting a $500 repair tomorrow I didn't even know it needed. Seems like we've done a lot of those lately, but it's a 2001 with 229,000+ miles on it.

Tomorrow the twins have field day. I am not sure they are taking part. It is up to the teachers, but the twins have been pushing the limits a lot lately, and the teachers have threatened to take field day and the end of the year parties.

Jasmine has a middle school dance with a Hawaiian theme tomorrow evening. She is taking finals for the first time this week and Monday. We've pulled her out Tuesday and half of Wednesday to head to Orlando to meet a bloggy friend in person.

While we are on the cruise we won't have any Internet. So I'll have a lot of photos to post when we get back.

Hopefully I'll have photos from Jasmine's dance. I am chaperoning to get the rest of my volunteer hours in. And at this age she wants me there, so I'm taking advantage of that.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

One Crowded House said...

I love the graduation night idea- we had one of those when I graduated high school- with really great prize drawings throughout the night to draw people in. I thought it was fun- but then again, I was never a "partier" so I think just about anything is fun!

Kathy Cassel said...

They spent $6,000 on prizes! Adam won a really nice camera.