Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Twas the Day After Christmas

...and we just took the tree and decorations down to have more room for Just Dance Disney edition.
On Christmas Eve the kids got their stocking gifts. That was mostly food, with one present--pillow pets for the three littles, a watch for Tyler, athletic shirt for Adam, headphones for Jessica and the new Spiderman movie for Rick. The kids also handed out the gifts they'd  bought. I didn't get pictures of that.
We watched the Nativity kids' movie and Preacher's Wife and had hot butter beer while waiting for Jessica to get off work and home. We like the cold butter beer much better!
This was taken in October when  Jeff was here. I took him to the mall to choose his present then, but I didn't want to leave him out of our Christmas photos now. He is in Afghanistan.





The black shirt in the picture is the only kind they are allowed to wear with their soccer uniform--which is shorts and a short sleeved shirt. Even north Florida gets cold at night, and his games are at night.








Jessica helped me put out gifts. She had to get the ones I stored so high I couldn't reach them.



One tired elf!


We open all the presents from one person, and then take a picture of us with them to e-mail the person. (They sent money for me to buy gifts so they don't always know what they've bought us!) These are all from my brother Ken. The twins got things for camp next summer--PJs, sleeping bags. The girls got black jackets and a shirt, Ty got a game that he actually went and got himself on Black Friday but he thought was going to be his main gift from me. Rick got a movie, Adam got Aeropostal clothes. I got a waterproof watch.



These are clothes I bought everyone.



These are gifts from my sister known as Aunt Lou to the kids. She sent me a panini grill through Amazon and Notre Dame sleep pants for Rick. Jasmine got the brave movie and DS game, the twins got swimsuits, water shoes, beach towels, Jessica got a shirt and jacket, Adam got khaki shorts and an Aeropostal shirt.


These are the main gifts from us--boots and dive watch for Jessica, barking dog and light up shoes for Kayla, Spiderman three in one vehicle and Iron Man shoes for Kaleb, Kindle (new less expensive kind) for Jasmine and the watch she's wearing, Adidas shoes and blanket for Adam, drill and tool case for Rick, blanket and Hoover Assault Helicopter for Tyler and Rick got me two suitcases.


We went to Genghis Grill with money from Rick's parents and my mom sent money for a shared gift so we bought some games that I'll show you in the next post. I took so many pictures I'm not going to put them all in the same post.

Below are pictures of everyone with their stuff and some random ones of us, and the kids in some of their new outfits.


















Jessica doesn't fit on my lap as well as Jasmine does!


Lunch on Christmas for us is make it yourself individual pizzas. We made them in twos.






Jessica had to work at the theater. I kicked Rick, Tyler and Adam out to watch Taken 2 during the afternoon.











More pictures to come in the next post. Hope you all had a nice Christmas.

Happy Boxing Day to my British followers.

5 comments:

One Crowded House said...

looks like everyone got lots of fun stuff!

Anonymous said...

looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas:) From:Rachel


Kathy Cassel said...

Hi Tanya and Rachel. Thanks for stopping by. Hope your families had a good Christmas!

Dawn Miller said...

Kathy,
I love my Kindle. One of the best things I ever discovered was all of the free books available for download on Amazon. There are groups on Facebook that post them (two for kids are Pixel of Ink-Young Edition and Literate Child) and they can be found by going to the Kindle store, selecting Amazon Best Sellers from the directory on the left and then selecting the genre you would like (ie children's ebooks). The top 100 free books are then listed in the middle of the screen. I use the children's books in my classroom. My students love to read them using the Kindle app on the iPod.

Kathy Cassel said...

Thank you for letting me know. I check the adult list but haven't checked the children's free list.