Feeling sad for the Duggars. Michelle miscarried her baby today in the second trimester. You can read it here. This article doesn't have a place for comments thank goodness. The articles that allow comments are already full of people saying nasty things about how they shouldn't be having anymore children.
I would never say that because:
1. They have never accepted any kind of outside financial help. They live debt free and are teaching their children to do the same. Their boys have already started businesses.
2. They are raising them to be responsible citizens, follow good morals and have strong values.
3. They are giving back to their community and beyond through service projects. They serve at soup kitchens, take mission trips and several of their older children (even the girls) are trained volunteer fireman. They all went to help out when deadly tornadoes hit in their state. And they were doing this kind of thing before they were in the public eye. It's not just for the cameras.
4. The children are encouraged to be their own person (within the family's value system). They each have their own strengths and hobbies. Several have made plans for the future and they aren't being shoved into one mold.
5. Their parents are investing their lives in raising them themselves. They are homeschooling them and teaching them life skills.
I know a lot of people who gripe about how much work their children are and complain that their one or two children are driving them crazy. They dump them in daycare practically as soon as they are out of the hospital nursery.
I think they complain about the Duggars because they see a lack in their own lives. I mean really, why would it be anyone elses' business?
I followed a link just this morning to a blog with a post titled, Why Does the World Hate the Duggars. You can read it HERE.