Thursday, December 24, 2015

The Holiday Season at Our House

I am behind on posting our holiday happenings. 

Jasmine had several concerts. The percussion section of her high school band (public school) played with Building 429 at a concert. The County Christian Youth Choir sang at a church, the Festival of Choirs and with the King's Brass.






Putting the tree up.
Last Sunday morning

Who is taller?

Ready for the church program









Jessica played saxophone in the program. She won't be playing until after River is born.
Delivering the last jar.

Stockings are ready to fill.



Yes, they do decorate the palm trees.

At Rick's work party. First time we've gone to this kind of work party. The owner of the company paid for everything. Meals started at $19.99 and went way higher. It was also an open bar. I lived wild and had caffeine!! My hand got cold holding the glass with ice, so I warmed it at the fire.

And how does one hold a plate and glass and have a hand free to eat with?
These pictures were all taken on my phone by firelight! 
We ended up with nice gifts from the dirty Santa gift exchange. I was maybe a bit mean. But I came home with a foot massager.

This is my step daughter Ashley, son-in-law Mike, their two children and Mike's younger sister who lives with them for now.

 The rest of these photos are from before or after the Christmas Eve service.

 Birthday cake for Jesus

 Kayla isn't sure what to make of Hunter.



 On Christmas Eve, we open what is in stockings, which was quite a bit this year because I hit the Bath and Body sales. We give our gifts to the adult kids who are no longer in the house and the kids give out the gifts they bought themselves. The kids did a good job of  buying for each other this year.









The kids are trying out a game Tyler bought for them to share.

Jessica felt tired tonight so left before the others started playing Wii. We should have baby news for you within the week!!!!

Merry Christmas to all my blog readers!

If you are feeling a bit blue this holiday season, check out my two posts on holiday blues and depression HERE

No comments: