Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Two Years Ago Today

We (jessica and I) left the Stanford Airport with our twins at 1:20 a.m. after being at the airport for 36 hours and 20 minutes. Even paid $109 for a hotel room we didn't get to use. This was the easiest way to get the twins to the car.


We got to bed at 3:05 a.m. Monday. I hadn't slept since I got up Thursday morning!! We woke up the next day around 10 which is the latest I ever remember sleeping, but I don't think I've ever gone so long without sleeping. We stopped at McDonalds and had major trauma getting the twins inside, because they had no idea where we were. It is no problem at all now : ) But at that time we had a whole crowd gathered wondering why two children were shrieking in fear of going into McDonalds.


We got home near 6 p.m. and there was a television reporter waiting. The kids played while Jessica and I talked with her.

I looked so hyper on TV later. But considering that I only had seven hours of sleep to make up for three sleepless days or so....


This post tells more about the pick up trip. Seriously, it was a nightmare and I don't let myself think about it much. The twins are home now, and that's what matters.

Her are some more pictures from the twins' first days home.







No comments: