Friday, July 1, 2016

In the Basement?!?

This is the first ICRS has been in Cincinnati since I've been going.

I have a writer friend, Teresa, in Cincinnati who I connected with years ago by mail. I was living in England with four kids, Adam being the youngest and only 4 years old. She was living in Cincinnati with her three. A publisher sent her invoice, including address, to me with my writer's copies of a Sunday school take home paper, so I wrote to her. She wrote back. Then we started e-mailing. We've only met twice face to face in all those years.

She and her husband recently moved to a new house and graciously offered to let us stay in her basement during the convention. This "freaked" Jasmine out. She was like, "In the basement?!?!"


I think she was picturing something more like a storm cellar. But here's the basement we stayed in.


It has windows to the outside, so I'm thinking it's more of a split level.



I think she was a bit surprised when she saw the basement! Unfortunately, we didn't have much time to enjoy it. The three days flew by and we were off to Chattanooga.

Here are some pictures of the rest of the house.

From the back


Our chef


Two of the four barn cats



They aren't used to being held, but "Friend" was willing to give it a go.

My kids would love this, but their kids are grown.

The "barn"


From the front

I just realized that I didn't take any of the upstairs or Teresa's writer's office.
 Here we are together




No comments: