Thursday, October 10, 2013

We're Here

We are in Kissimmee. The drive went well. About six hours. We are having minor issues due to two conflicting personalities. Do any of you have that--two kids who set each other off?

I let all the kids come. I was originally not bringing one due to continuous problems at the Peanut Festival, but I decided to give him a chance. I'm not sure I made the right choice. First thing he did when he got home was lie to me about his school behavior. He also would not listen to me in the SUV. He's in the third seat so I'm not able to reach him. He annoyed big brother who was sitting right in front of him and ended up having to put his head down.

Hopefully tomorrow everything will sort itself out as we go to the parks.


Ready to leave from home. Yes, we have a double wide in a not-so-great section of town. But it's four bedrooms and we have a 1/3 acre fenced in yard for the dogs to run. It's home.

Pizza at about the half way point. We did one $5 pizza, one drink and one pack of bread sticks.
Thank you to all of you who left comments about your Disney experiences in the last post.


One thing we do every October is read through the book of Proverbs together a chapter a day. This replaces our morning devotions. So at 5:35 a.m. everyone shows up in the living room with a Bible. We go around the circle each reading one verse. It is necessary for each person to pay very close attention because there are six of us and somehow we have managed to each have a different version of the Bible! Crazy, huh? We have NLT, NIV, NKJV, ESV, NIrV, one more I can't think of (something with a C).  It's something you might want to try with your family. What version do you use? If you aren't familiar with the Bible, all the initials are just different translation of the Bible.

I've also been reading through the Bible in my NLT chronological Bible. I don't use it in the morning though because all the passage are by when they happened. For instance, I'm (only) in 1 Samuel. Since it talks about David and many of the Psalms are written by David, they are throughout the book. Like I'm reading about David fleeing from Saul and then there are the Psalms he wrote while he was fleeing from Saul and hiding. 

Today I saw The Daily Walk Bible NLT: 31 Days with Jesus for free on kindle. So I downloaded it. It's all the gospels broken into 31 daily readings. I'm starting tomorrow. I encourage you to join me in this if you have a kindle.
The kids ran the beach run yesterday at 6:30 a.m., but I don't have the photos on my laptop so will have to post them later. I do have the camera with me but may not have time to download them. It was a nice run. Beautiful and somewhat cool that early.

All for now.

Remember that I don't check e-mail while I'm gone, so fb message me if you need me.

No comments: