Saturday, March 28, 2015

Spring Break

We had an at-home, inexpensive spring break.

It started last Saturday with the cookout at the park that I previously posted.

On Sunday morning Jasmine and I were in charge of one of the rooms of two-year-olds. There were 9 kids, usually there are 12 in this room. There is another room of 2's, and we've worked in it also.






2's are fun, and I love doing this with Jasmine.

Sunday evening we didn't have church, so Jasmine and I went to Insurgent.

Remember the picture below that we took last summer in Atlanta?
It was really cool to see this scene in the movie. So if you go see it, when you see them zipline across from the Peachtree Center in Atlanta, think of us.


The kids continued working on the pinata on Monday.


On Monday afternoon, Jasmine, Kaleb and I went to the new Cinderella movie. If you go between 4 & 5 you get a discounted rate, so that's when we try to go.

Many good themes with the overall one being Have Courage and Be Kind. Also a speech from Cinderella to the prince about wanting him to love her if he could accept her as a simple farm girl etc.



On Tuesday we ran/walked in the park and went bowling. I had free game passes so only had to pay for the shoes.





Wednesday night is $1 night at the skating rink. Normally Jasmine has hip hop on Wednesday nights. (She normally has  choir/Bible study on Monday nights) Jasmine was already out skating before I took pictures, and I didn't realize I didn't get any pictures of her.




Jessica joined us after work.

I've had these skates many years. Not even sure when I did get them.




Thursday they continued work on the pinata.

The plan was to get Subway and have a  picnic in a park downtown and then go to the library. But it started to pour, so we ate at Subway, but still went to the library.
 Friday we ended up canceling our plans due to behavior issues, but started reading The Christian Girl's Guide to the Bible during circle time. 



And we started making the nail cross necklaces from page 156 for Easter.



Today we all went to Strange Magic at the $2 theater. The review I read wasn't totally positive about it. It criticized it because the characters randomly break into song. But that is why we all ended up loving it!

We got popcorn and courtesy cups of water. Can you see how dinky the water cups are?
The characters burst into song a lot, and it was songs like Can't Help Falling in Love, I"ll Never Fall in Love Again, What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger, Sugar Pie Honey Bunch and other fun songs.


We started painting the pinata

And we finished the necklaces. Jasmine chose a small cross because she made a big one a few years ago.



I have photos of Tyler in KY that I'll post soon.

No comments: