Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Best photo

Since I didn't get a lot of feedback on the photos in the previous post, I submitted 7 of my photos, instead of the normal 3 the instructor wants. At the beginning of each class, she shows the photos each person sent (some of the class members didn't send any) and the class comments on them and chooses the favorite for each photographer. With mine, they were split between four, with the top two being the favorites and the second two close contenders.



This one led their eye to the beach, and to most of them, it looked like he had the pole in his hand. It's actually firmly "planted" at the beach.

They liked this one for the lines and also the mood created by my using "burlesque" when I edited it.


It was the light breaking through that captured their eye on this one.

This one had stronger lines, and they liked the black and white effect.

It's hard for me to judge. I thought some of the photos the others had taken were outstanding. Some of them looked really professional.

The homework for next week is night shots of any kind. Most of them are planning to shoot the unusual moon tomorrow, but I am not. I am going to go with light painting. She didn't cover it that much, but I did it in another class with her a couple of years ago. I just need to find those photo to get the exposure times and such.

I have some updates, but it's hard to know how much to say in an open blog. Some people want to know what it's really like to parent adopted children (or even birth children with issues) while others just want the happy stuff.

We were going to go to St. George Island tomorrow (no school due to teacher work day) and climb the lighthouse, but two of the children have had behaviors lately that tell me we need to wait on that trip.

If my night photos come out well, I'll post them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your updates. The pictures are great the black and white one look very relaxing.

Anonymous said...

Definitely not here for all the roses/happy stuff! I enjoy your life updates