Friday, December 8, 2017

Thanksgiving Trip

I haven't been on here in quite a while. Life has been sooooo crazy and busy. But I'll start back with our Thanksgiving trip. 

Four of us went to Indiana to be with my mom and sister. Kaleb, due to behaviors which became actually a threat, stayed home and was babysat by Jessica while Rick worked. She works evenings, so that worked out, and the extra cash helped her out. And she got to witness the behaviors first hand so knows we are not exaggerating. But that's a whole different subject.

It was a quick trip to Indiana, leaving early the Sunday before Thanksgiving and shopping our way to Indiana.


One of the goals was to help a long time friend make a wreath for her daughter's graduation next May. 


We got the basic wreath made, so all she has to do now is add things special to her daughter from her high school years.

We played a lot of yahtzee

And had too much to eat.

My mom was able to get up and around. She seemed in better spirits than usual.

Us with my mom, sister and brother-in-law

Tyler must have been either the first or last to eat, because he's not in the picture

The girls decided to make a gingerbread house, but it didn't go well


It doesn't exactly look like the picture on the box. LOL.

We headed back home early Friday morning. Friday night we stopped at a mall in Nashville. However, it was adjoining the Grand Ole Opry, which had something going on, plus it was Black Friday, so it was beyond crazy. But Ty wanted to get a Build-a-Bear.

Besides that, the trip home was pretty uneventful.

All in all, it was a good week.

Right after I got home, I was down for three days with stomach grunge. But I am good to go now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun Thanksgiving, sorry not everyone could go. That's a bummer. Have you played the game Dixit? it's different but one of my daughters bought it and as weird as it looks it's fun. She buys different games often for us to try.

Erika

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back. I've been checking in periodically to read your updates. We're a transracial adoptive family, too, so I enjoy following your blog. Michelle