Saturday, August 26, 2017

Not Posting Much

I haven't been posting much. Several reasons why:

People don't comment so I don't know if anyone is reading or not or if people have all died of boredom.

There are things we are going through that I don't really want to blog about in detail. Right now we are going through an investigation that started with Kayla's interview at teen court. We were referred to the Empowerment Parenting Program (it is voluntary and we agreed. Always good to learn new strategies etc). They came out and were supposed to do 90 days with us, but they say we are a model family and they go back and brag about us. They say we will probably be dismissed from the program because they can't find anything we need to work on. But the investigation stopped our home study and adoption, so we are waiting to see what will happen. 

Life is sometimes boring.

Life is getting crazy with fall activities starting. I will post about our schedule later.

I  don't always have pictures, and posts without pictures are pretty boring. But unless you want to see some mowing and weedwacking, some days I don't have any pictures.

I did go to the beach with Jessica and the babies this week and have a few photos from that I will post soon.

Anyway, that's why there are some time periods were I'm not posting much.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

The teen court, etc is so fascinating to me. I'm not sure if we have that in our area or not. I know I've never heard of it. I was just wondering earlier about how your home study and adoption was coming along. How frustrating. :\

Britt said...

I read your blog! When I started going through the foster care licensing a couple years ago, I found your blog through a Google search. It's been very helpful seeing how you've dealt with certain behaviors. There are a lot of articles out there but I love seeing real world parents dealing with difficult behaviors.

Anonymous said...

I read your blog too but never posted until now. I've been thinking about fostering/adopting for a little while now. Your blog is very interesting for me to read.

Anonymous said...

I read your blog all of the time.

Anonymous said...

I read your blog all of the time. Sometimes I get frustrated because I feel sorry for Kayla. I know she's very difficult and has a lot of attitude, but it's obvious that Jasmine is your favourite.