Thursday, August 17, 2017

Back to School!

Two in 7th and one junior. Three children, three schools.

Jasmine has a much better schedule than we expected this year. She has anatomy and physiology instead of chemistry, and she has behind the scenes theater class and drama class. She is not in band this year, and for some reason they didn't put her in Spanish 2. I guess she'll take that next year. Geometry will probably be a challenge for her. English 3 and American history will be okay if she stays up to date on her work. We had expected her to repeat English 2 as she had falled it, but she was also part of a credit recovery class, so perhaps that took care of it. And I'm thinking that although she failed Alg 1 twice, she did pass the first semester both times, so perhaps that counted that as a full credit.

We don't have her schedule yet, but there is a possible school change in her future. 

Kaleb has to talk to his guidance counselor because he got dropped out of band. We don't know if it's because he didn't indicate he wanted band or his teacher truly was not willing to put  up with the same drama this year. He will have to find out. He has a standard 7th grade curriculum that includes exploring careers.
I have given up the trying to make everyone smile game. I am tired of attitude, so if a child wants to flaunt the attitude, bring it on.
Fully loaded, ready to go.

2 comments:

Britt said...

Great pics! I love back to school, I feel like life gets back to normal and I get my routine back!

Kathy Cassel said...

I am having trouble getting a good routine going.