Wednesday, July 31, 2019

New Shop

Life hasn't been the same since our flea market was destroyed. Starting in March, Ty and I have had a shop in a flea market an hour away. I have to be there Fri-Sun. It has been very slow in building up customers. My Ford Edge block got a hole in it almost a month ago, and I have to get a new engine, so getting to the shop and back has been a problem.

On top that, Ty and I talked and decided to get a shop in an antique mall yet another hour north, so two hours from home. It is open every day, but we don't have to be there. The owners sell everything and deduct a 12% commission plus rent. We only have to go up occasionally to straighten the shop and take new merchandise. 

Yesterday Ty, the twins and myself went up and painted our shop. You can see what the original color was by the color above where we painted.

Kayla and I painted while Tyler and Kaleb put together a bookcase and corner case.




Ty put the tape up for our top line.



Painting went quickly, and we had a fan to help it dry so we could put on the second coat without much delay. Then we rearranged everything with Ty in charge.

A few of my wreaths add color to the front.








My other shop is Toy Central, but this is a different kind of shop, so we need a name. I was thinking of Cassel's Closet or Cassel's Cluttered Closet. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

N. said...

I like just Cassel’s Closet. Cluttered has a negative association with things you need to get rid of.

JFIEB said...

Totally agree. Don’t use cluttered.