Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Book News is Not Good

My Girl's Guide books were published by Legacy Publishing. The editor had been there a long time. She managed to get some of the books in Walmart. Things were looking good. Then she left, and the owner could not keep an editor. There were at least six in the next few years.

Then Rose Publishing bought Legacy. I had an proposal submitted for The Girl's Guide to Middle School. Then Hendrickson bought out Rose. I was given the go ahead for the Middle School Guide. I interviewed a lot of girls for the project. Got it finished and sent it in.

Then I got this message:

I’m so sorry! We had a PubBoard earlier this week and I presented both your book and another Girl’s Guide that I had discovered which was completed but had not been printed. Both books were turned down by the PubBoard. They feel we have enough Girl’s Guides and that overall the series isn’t doing well enough to justify producing more.

Again, I’m sorry. I believe in this book and wanted to add it to our line-up. But I don’t think that’s going to change. I would encourage you to send it to other publishers because it’s a good book, and is something every middle-school girl would benefit from.
                                                                       
The thing is, no one else publishes these books. This is part of a series. Not only are they not publishing it, but they put The Christian Girl's Guide to Me: The Quiz Book out of print.

It appears the powers that be have no interest in children's books.

I worry about Tyndale because they put Promises for God's Princesses out of print almost right away!!

So book news is not good right now.

If you have children going into 5th, 6th or 7th consider purchasing The Middle School Survival Manual


If you have girls ages 8-12, consider one of the Girl's Guides 

If there are any left of these


Or one of the other books attached to the link above.

Next post will have plenty of pictures.

1 comment:

Abdul Qayyum said...

Really Liked the information you have provided. I have an article relaed to it. I was searching about it on the internet and I found an amazing article on iFixit Site. The provided Article was about a site that provides working modded android apps. The name of the site was “Fineapkapps”. The Article was very halpful, You should read that. Click Here to reach that amazing article: iFixit Modded Apps.