Sunday, March 6, 2016

Pine Cone Bird Feeders

Blogger keeps messing up the print size. I have it set for large, but it's giving me small and extra small.


This is a really simple and maybe over used idea that we've done a few times over the years. 

Start with a pine cone. Find something to tie around it to hang it from a tree.
All I could find was yarn!
Spread peanut butter on the pine cone and roll in bird seed.



Hang outside





Then wait for birds.


Unfortunately, ours seem to prefer dog food to the birdseed! There was a beautiful red Cardinal in the dog dish just before I took this photo.



Then Jayden decided to bird watch.

She can't get them, but I don't know if they realize that.
We get some birds, but I don't see them eating the seeds. 




This guy seems to like the birdseed though.



We get a lot of these though. Whatever it is.

I don't know what this one is either.


 I think this is a cardinal.
 No clue what this is. I couldn't get a close enough look. This is taken with a telephoto lens.






We hear lots of birds in the trees and bushes, but we can't see most of them. Would like them to come out where we can see them.

No comments: