Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Tagged by Juli

I don't usually do these but Juli had this on her blog and it looked kind of fun.

You are tagged if you read my blog!

This is fun (according to Juli : ) ) - it's a Christmas Survey! Please post it on your blog or do it through email.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. Whatever works best for each gift.

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. We had a real tree when we were stationed in South Dakota and could go cut one down for $5.

3. When do you put up the tree? I do NOT put it up. I would throw it through a window. Ask Jessica. It's true. She puts it up each year. See previous Christmas traditions post.

4. When do you take the tree down? Pretty quickly after Christmas. We're tired of tripping over it by then.

5. Do you like eggnog? Uck.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Little rocking chair.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Three. One that's indestructible for the kids to play with.

8. Hardest person to buy for? No one really, well, maybe my mom. She doesn't need anything.

9. Easiest person to buy to buy for? Any of the kids or Rick. I give everyone a piece of paper and it has categories--games, toys, movies, clothes, hobbies etc. and they fill it in according to what they want. If it's electronic games I have to know exactly!

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Ugly angel. I still have it. It's so ugly it's kind of grown on me.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Polar Express.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever I see something on clearance I know someone will like! I buy Jasmine's Christmas dress after Christmas 75% off for the next Christmas. Cheap, huh?

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, but Jessica swiped the jacket my in-laws gave me last year.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cinnamon rolls for breakfast.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored

17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night but you don't hear it much anymore.

18. Travel for Christmas or stay at home? Home. About every five years we drive up to northern IN so the kids can have snow.

19. Can you name all of the reindeer? If I say the rhyme.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Cute little bear puppet one of the kids got somewhere.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve for stockings and the kids' gift exchange. Christmas morning for the rest.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Rude people in stores.

23. What I love most about Christmas? Family.

24.) Favorite winter outdoor activity? Going to the beach. Isn't that funny? I grew up in Northern IN but live in the FL panhandle now. It just seems so funny to pack the kids up and go to the beach in December. We don't swim though. See our Veteran's Day post below.

2 comments:

Clella said...

Kathy, I look at your family more than you know. Merry Christmas.
Clella

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

Kathy,

You made me wonder if my "after-Christmas" shopping for wrapping paper and bows counts as to when I "begin" my Christmas shopping...

Jane