Saturday, November 16, 2019

A Trip for Sanity's Sake

Sometimes you need a trip just for the sake of a trip and to get away from real life. And that's what I did a couple of weeks ago. I packed myself and some craft projects I needed help with and headed to Felicia's. She can work wonders with projects.

I don't have a lot of pictures because the kids were in school. Mostly I have pictures of project progress. We worked on two dollhouses and three stools!

Felicia working her magic.





The inside was really horrible. The whole thing was painted dark brown and black when I first got it. It took a full bottle of paint remover gel. Then I started painting it Christmas colors.



Then Felicia added all the cool paintings and lettering.

And I added a lot of things inside both for looks and in some cases to hide the dark areas in the corners where I couldn't get the old paint off.


And these two plain brown tables became the tables in the photos below.


It was a really short trip. Here are the few photos I have of the kids, three of the girls and Miguel, one of Felicia's grandchildren. We also took a ton of Larissa as my book character Kia in my YA book which will be released through Elk Lake next spring/summer. They were interested in actually using our photos, but they say the resolution is too low. Too bad I don't have time for another trip! I work every Sunday and cannot miss any so it makes for a short trip anywhere I go.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the art work. Miguel as grown so much, he is so cute.


Erika

Kathy Cassel said...

Felicia is amazing. Miguel weighs about the same as Benjamin!!