Saturday, April 20, 2019

New House Update

The house we bought was built in 1968. It has a lot of light pink, light green and light tan (??) walls. I have been trying to brighten it up.

This is what I have done so far.

My office:

The color is called Classic Turquoise. The room has a large window that overlooks the street.


This is the kitchen:


It is a similar color to my office, but it's a different shade. It's called Echo Lake Aqua, and  both Jasmine and Kayla's rooms will also be this color.

This is the master bedroom. I was tempted to paint it the same, but wanted something more "relaxing" rather than "energizing."

We share the room with the two mom cats and six kittens.









I am finishing the hall, and then starting the dining room/game room. I also have to go back and touch up the ceilings and woodwork where I've bumped them. Easier than taping the whole thing.

More to come. I'm still several posts behind, but I haven't had much down time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have been having lots of colorful fun.. I am surprised the kitchen is that small with the amount of bedrooms, despite the age of the house. I hope you all have a great and blessed Easter.

Erika

Anonymous said...

I seriously adore all of those colors. The kitchen and office look so cheerful, and the master is so serene. We rent, but I would love to be able to paint.

Your kittens look like so much fun! I'm a total "cat lady" and have three. I don't know how I'd give up kittens to new homes!

Hope you had a nice Easter

M in ND

Kathy Cassel said...

Erika--The kitchen really is small, but less to clean!!

Kathy Cassel said...

M-It's been fun painting, but now I have to clean up all the splatter and touch up ceilings where I hit them! LOL.

I still have three of the kittens. Two of them will need homes but I'm not in a hurry for that very reason. I have to know they are going to good homes. One went to my daughter and two to her best friend I've known for 10 years. I don't think I can just list them on a free pet site. My son is keeping one, so the older black and white one will stay here and I want the smaller black and white one and solid black one to go together.